About Me

My photo
Salem, UT, United States
We are the Swensons and are excited to be missionaries in the Manchester New Hampshire mission. We began our mission on August 5th 2019 and are planning on serving for 18 months. This blog will document our journey.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Harvest is my favorite time of year.

I haven't been able to spend the time in my garden this year that I would like because of so many wonderful happenings, (like grandchildren).  But today  I harvested my first cabbage and artichokes EVER.  Check them out.
This guy weighed in at 5 lbs 8 oz when I cut it off!


My Cabbage Patch!  (mingled with artichokes)

 'This is my very first artichoke.  I decided not to harvest this one and watch it bloom.  
What a treat!  Just incredibly beautiful.


The artichokes that we will be having for dinner are a little smaller than I'd hoped,  but
they didn't get the fertilizer that they need, so maybe they will be better next year! (Or I could just
let them bloom for their beauty!)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Looks delicious and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! For dinner I had artichokes, corn on the cob, cabbage and tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil with apricot balsamic vinegar. Yum! Everything but the corn came from my garden. (Oh, I did buy the mozzarella). ;-)

    ReplyDelete